A city which Rough Guides placed in its top 10 cities to visit, while Lonely Planet rated it 5th. The city received a C40 cities and an International Festival & Event City award and was also voted the best City Centre in the Netherlands.
The cruise terminal is conveniently located in the centre of Rotterdam, a city at the heart of Europe with a dramatic skyline that reflects its contemporary outlook: young, dynamic, creative, exciting, vibrant, open-minded and cosmopolitan.
The city has always been well-connected internationally thanks to its river Nieuwe Maas, which links the city directly to the North Sea and this helps make visitors feel at home immediately.
Many cultures and tastes are represented in the city’s world of food, shopping, entertainment, attractions, museums, and year-round festivals and special.
- Windmills are vanishing from the Dutch landscape. Kinderdijk is home to nineteen original windmills (many in working order). The mills of Kinderdijk were put on the World Heritage List of UNESCO
- The White House is the name of Europe's tallest office building in 1898. The building is one of the few that survived the bombardment of the city centre of Rotterdam in 1940.
- The Market Hall is an awardwinning indoor market (regional products). The ceiling of the Markthal’s arched design is the artwork ‘Cornucopia’. At 11,000m² it's the largest modern fresco in the world.
- Delfshaven is a historic harbour and one of the oldest places in Rotterdam. You will find many antique shops, the historic museum of Rotterdam, shipyard De Delft and the famous Pilgrim Fathers Church.
- Harbour Master
3072 AP Rotterdam
The Netherlands+31 10 252 10 00
- Pilots asc. Rotterdam - Rijnmond
- Cruise Port Rotterdam