Arriving here you will dock at Prostneset Harbour Terminal (Hurtigruten) or Breivika port (larger cruise ships). Prostneset lies in the city center surrounded by mountains on one side and urban city life on the other side. Breivika lies 4 km. north of the centre, and there is shuttle buses and transportation in connection with arrival and departure times. We’re excited to see you here!
- The Arctic Cathedral, the Tromsø bridge, Polaria, the Planetarium and the library in Tromsø are all popular sights. Stand next the Rocket kiosk in Stortorget and you will have views of the Cable Car.
- Explore Sami culture, go dogsledding, whale watching, bike around the island, go on RIB-tours under the Midnight sun and more. Nature is only a few steps outside the city and adventures awaits!
- We're lucky to have two natural phenomenons, the Northern Lights and the Midnight sun. Come between September and April to see the Northern Lights and late May till late July to see the Midnight sun.
- Tromsø is called the gateway to the Arctic and you can learn about Arctic explorers in the Polar museum. Visit Tromsø Museum, Perspektivet or Nordnorsk Kunstmuseum for more history and art.
- Restaurants like Helmersen, Mathallen, Fiskekompaniet and Full Steam (to name some) serve fresh and locally produced food from the Arctic. Get delicious coffee and drinks in our city cafés and bars.