The beautiful buildings, the greenery, the fresh air and the proximity to the water are distinctive traits of this city. The Royal National City Park, (the first National City Park in the world), is a green space that breathes for the city, and a constant presence in the crush of the city.
With its 750 year history and rich cultural life, Stockholm offers a wide selection of world-class museums and attractions. Among the city´s 100 museums is the Vasa Museum displaying the world´s only preserved 17th century warship. Most of the city's attractions can be reached on foot, and there’s a good chance of experiencing a lot of things in a short time. Experience big-city life, the history of civilization and natural scenery, all in the course of the same day.
- The Vasa is the only preserved seventeenth-century ship in the world. The 69 meter-long warship sank on its maiden voyage in the middle of Stockholm in 1628, and was salvaged 333 years later in 1961.
- Skansen consists of the oldest open-air museum in the world and the Stockholm zoo, with a beautiful location on Royal Djurgården and a view over all of Stockholm.
- City Hall, with its spire featuring the golden Three Crowns, is one of the most famous silhouettes in Stockholm.
- Seeing Stockholm from the water is an enjoyable must. There are many tours to choose from depending on your interests.
- Tourism office Visit Stockholm
Sweden+46 (0) 8-508 28 508
- Manager Cruise & Ferry
- Business Development
- Stockholm Port Control
- Pilot, Stockholm Pilot Area
- Stockholm Tourist Centre