The colorful, Norwegian-style wooden houses render this village unique in Iceland, and walking trails around town, out along the coast, or by the Fjardará River allow for many plesurable and relaxing experiences. Seydisfjördur is distinguished by its close proximity to wild nature – some might even consider it on the verge of the uninhabitable. The climate and its harsh tendencies have shaped those living here.Seydisfjordur is home to approximately 700 residents, who have traditionally lived off fishing. In recent years, however, tourism has growing. Seyðisfjörður is one of Lonely Planet’s top pick in Iceland. A part of Ben Stiller's movie " The secret life of Walter Mitty" was filmed in Seydisfjordur, a YouTube clip from the film can be found here below.
- A guided 4x4 drive for groups, combining adventure and sightseeing. Wildlife, geography, local history and geology are some of the subjects covered on the tour.
- A walk with the locals around the old town of Seydisfjordur, including a visit to the Church, Culture Centre, handcrafts market and the Technical Museum.
- A walk up to Hengifoss waterfall which is the third tallest waterfall in Iceland in a beutiful surroundings.
- Sightseeing tour around the glacier lake by bus. There is a big worm living in the lake, many has seen him but no one has been able to catch him, touch him, or even get a photo of him.
- A visit to Borgarfjordur eystri is a must, the best place to see puffins is at Hafnarhólminn in Borgarfjordur eystri.
- Tourist Information at the Ferry terminal
Iceland+354 472 1551
- Port authority & Pilot service
- Port of Seydisfjordur, East Iceland.
- Iceland Travel - Tour operator
- Atlantik - Tour operator