The Port of Runavík is situated in the heart of Faroe Islands in the southern part of the island Eysturoy. Eysturoy is connected via subsea tunnels to Norðuroyggjar (20 minutes from Runavík to Klaksvík) and to Tórshavn (12 minutes from Runavík to Tórshavn).
Cruise ships dock at King's Harbour, quaysides 2, 3 and 4. The total length of the quaysides is 567 m with water depths from 5 - 12 m (321 m with a depth of 12 m). The port offers good reception facilities at the cruise port with tourist information booth and guidance. Restrooms, taxies and free Wi-Fi is provided at the tourist information in the town center, only 400 m distance from King's Harbour.
The Runavík area is one of the main locations for shopping, and you will find everything from small shops to large supermarkets. The Port of Runavík provides free shuttle buses on request, while the ship's in port. The friendly Ask Me-staff is ready to help guide passengers.
- The lake is surrounded by a unique heather area and has a rich birdlife.
- A walk up the hills to Faroe Islands' first international football stadium is worth a visit. From the port it takes approx. 40 min. to walk to the stadium.
- Visit a Faroese home and garden "Uppi á Gørðum" in the village Søldarfjørður only 10 min drive from the port.
- From Rituvík to Lamba. A nice and easy hiking tour in the mountain from one small village to another. Follow the cairns like in the old days. Around 2 hours and the length is approx. 5.3
- Visit the local History Museum Forni in the village Glyvrar. Approx. 15 min. walking distance.
- There are several local shops selling Faroese handicraft and souvenirs.