The port is able to welcome all sizes of cruise ships. All cruise ships are greeted with a welcoming performance with Faroese Chain Dance where locals are wearing the national costume performing the traditional dancing and singing. There is a wide choice of excursions from the Port of Runavík, either on your own or in organized coach tours. In the Runavík-area you can unwind with the locals and enjoy shopping, art exhibitions, home visits and other cultural experiences. You also have the opportunity to go hiking either in the mountains or around the beautiful Lake Toftavatn. Our friendly ASK ME staff will be scattered around the town, ready to guide you in the right direction. Just ask!
Welcome to the Port of Runavík, also called the King's Harbour.
- The lake is surrounded by a unique heather area and has a rich birdlife.
- A walk up the hills to Faroe Islands' first international football stadium is worth a visit. From the port it takes approx. 40 min. to walk to the stadium.
- Visit a Faroese home and garden "Uppi á Gørðum" in the village Søldarfjørður only 10 min drive from the port.
- From Rituvík to Lamba. A nice and easy hiking tour in the mountain from one small village to another. Follow the cairns like in the old days. Around 2 hours and the length is approx. 5.3
- Visit the local History Museum Forni in the village Glyvrar. Approx. 15 min. walking distance.
- There are several local shops selling Faroese handicraft and souvenirs.