Kotka is on the Southeast coast of Finland at the Baltic Sea. By the Finnish Coastline right where the rapids of River Kymijoki, the biggest river in Southern Finland, rushes to meet the sea. The wonderful nature and city parks, dazzling history of the border region, outstanding cultural events and sights and thousands of friendly people welcome travellers for a memorable visit.
The port areas in Kotka are in the City Centre of Kotka on the main island of the town, and on the Mussalo island. Located a 90 minute drive to Helsinki and a 30 minute drive to the Russian border by the E18 motorway.
The port, of the unique city on an island, is located a stone’s throw away from all the experiences. Your guests will be able to experience, within a few hours, the soul of Finland - from the pulsating capital to the exotic nature, from pushing one’s limits to finding an inexplicably glorious peace of mind.
- A fascinating piece of architecture which presents the maritime history of the region and Finland in real harbour environment.
- Discover the way of life hidden beneath the water surface. You can meet face to face with about 60 different species of fish native to Finland.
- Summer residence, built when Finland belonged to Russia, for the Russian Czar Alexander III.
- The centre has evolved into a fresh combination of lush areas and glimmering sea. Sapokka Water Garden, Sibelius Park and Katariina Seaside Park are all situated in Kotka city centre.
- Hamina has a long and colourful history especially as a busy trading place that was created beside the sea, at a crossroads of sea routes in the Middle Ages.
- The Kymijoki River is full of rapids where rapids-shooters, canoeists and fishermen will have unforgettable experiences.
- Port of HaminaKotka Ltd./Kotka Kantasatama & Mussalo
Petra Cranston, Project Manager, Cruise Business
Finland+358 (0)50 518 8895
- Port of HaminaKotka Ltd.
Page last updated: 2021-03-05 14:52