Rich in culture and history, the country’s third largest city KLAIPEDA is surrounded by picturesque nature and remarkable historical and cultural sights.
KLAIPEDA region – the most important tourist destination in Lithuania. It displays the uniqueness of untouched nature, outstanding places of interest and a wide range of entertainment facilities. The region combines: Klaipeda city, Curonian Spit and Palanga resort town. Klaipeda city boasts of its Fachwerk-style old town, craftsmen’s courtyards, Lithuanian Maritime Museum and Dolphinarium, and a number of unique museums and sights. Curonian Spit – the confluence of untouched nature and ancient culture, renowned for the highest in Europe white-sand dunes. Palanga welcomes visitors to see its Amber Museum, botanical gardens and the long pier to the sea to enjoy the stunning sunsets.
- The Curonian Spit is a place of unique nature and ancient local culture, shaped by the highest sand dunes in Northern Europe. The Curonian Spit is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Palanga is situated 26 km north of Klaipeda. Places of interest: the largest Amber Museum in the Baltic States, Botanical Gardens, Neo-Gothic Church, Palanga Pier, Pedestrian Boulevard
- Location – Zemaitija National Park. The nuclear missiles were targeted at the largest European cities. Now this old Soviet launch site opens its grim corridors and tunnels for guided tours.
- Klaipeda State Seaport Authority
Kristina Gontier, International Relations Manager
J. Janonio 24
Lithuania+370 46 499 624
- Harbour Master’s Office
- Klaipeda Tourism and Culture Information Centre
- Cruise Terminal Operator
- Klaipeda State Seaport authority