Isle of Man
Motorcycles, of course, are associated with the first two weeks in June, when the Isle of Man TT race is held.
The island’s total population is around 80000. Key economic sectors include tourism, manufacturing and offshore banking.
- There are three different railways: the Steam Railway travels south from Douglas, and the Manx Electric Railway goes north and the Snaefell Mountain Railway, connects Laxey to the summit of Snaefell.
- One of Europe’s most well preserved medieval castles is in Castletown with origins to the Norse Kings period• Peel Castle is important as a site offering religious and secular perspectives.
- With its collection of artefacts from all over the island, the Manx Museum is a natural stop for anyone interested in learning more about the Isle of Mann.
- For a different perspective on the island visit the Camera Obscura. Located on Douglas Head, the Camera Obscura Twelve lenses that each highlight a segment of a 360 degree view.
- We have many niche food producers along with larger scale award winners. Whether you like seafood, lamb, beef or cheese to our breweries the Isle of Man has it all.
- Sea Terminal Buildings
Chris Clark, Cruise Manager, Harbour Administration
Isle of Man+44 1624 686923
- Isle of Man Dept for Enterprise
- Glenleven Marine
- Cruise Isle of Man