Harlingen is reached following beautiful trip on the Wadden Sea Unesco World Heritage Site, a unique natural landscape that is transformed completely at high and low tides. Ships up to 160 metres moor at the floating quay, which is a 5-minute walk from Harlingen's beautiful historic city centre.
Harlingen is 75 minutes’ drive from Amsterdam International Airport, and therefore available for turnarounds.
- A walk through Harlingen is like walking through an open-air museum, taking you back to the Dutch Golden Age. Let guides tell you about how Harlingen used to trade with countries all over the world.
- See the oldest active planetarium in the world, built in 1774 by Eise Eisinga. Visit the interactive exposition "De Ruimte" (Space), and see the extensive collection of historical astronomical tools
- Europe's longest dam at 32 km was built to protect a large par of the Netherlands against floods. See the structure and learn how it was protected through WW II through pictures, movies & documents
- A mighty monument to the Dutch historical battle against the water is Woudagemaal, the world's largest functional steam pumping station in the world. Experience museum tours and a 3D movie,
- In a tradition unchanged for 400 years, see how the age-old knowledge of clay, glazing and pigments is translated into beautiful ceramic creations.
- The Frisian Horse - or "Black Gold" - is revered the world over. As featured in Zorro, The Hunger Games and Inferno, visit the "Het Swarte Paert" to learn about its history, culture, breeding & sports