Fredrikstad Cruise Port is 1,5 hours from Oslo, allowing the cruise line to save time, cost and the environment by offering tours to the capital of Norway.
From Fredrikstad Cruise Port, you can experience two countries, Norway and Sweden and we offer compact games, within a 2 hour radius of Fredrikstad the visitors can explore a great variety of attractions.
Sail in to Fredrikstad through 833 islands, islets and skerries of Hvaler, Norway’s first Marine National Park. Close by is Gamlebyen, the best preserved fortress town in North Europe – a living attraction with busy markets and cafés. There is a free ferry into the city’s urban centre.
The towns of Moss, Sarpsborg, and Halden are a short bus ride away. The majestic Fredriksten Fortress towers over Halden, close to the Halden Canal - Scandinavia’s highest locks. Inland there is a peaceful landscape perfect for outdoor activities.
- The star-shaped fortress town of Fredrikstad, founded in 1567 gives you a sense of history, but it is no museum – now the old buildings are now occupied by artists, craftsmen, cafés and shops.
- Hvaler is an island community, among the island’s many attractions is one of Norway’s oldest medieval stone churches, East Norway’s largest fishing harbour and The Marine National Park Centre.
- Norway’s most concentrated cluster of ancient monuments. Discover 3000 year old Bronze Age rock art and mystical Iron age stone circles.
- The border crossing between Norway and Sweden is a popular destination. Stand with one leg in each country and gaze out to the stunning view of the Oslo fjord.
- His greatest expedition was to the South Pole. His first expedition was to cross the living room in Fredrikstad. Roald was born at the farm “Tomta”, situated by the river Glomma.
- Enjoy a beautiful canal boat tour on the idyllic waterway that was constructed between 1852 and 1860 to facilitate timber log drives.
- Visit Fredrikstad & Hvaler
Renate Jacobsen, Sales Manager Cruise & Conference
1632 Gamle Fredrikstad
NorwayOffice: +47 69 30 46 00, mobile: +47 99 49 18 36
- Port of Fredrikstad - Borg Havn IKS, Ports of Fredrikstad and Sarpsborg Authority