It is our objective to make Bodø the port you will enjoy visiting – again and again, as you seek new markets for your cruise ship experiences or for your yacht vacations. Being located in Northern Norway’s second largest town, with a major airport with one-stop connections to most gateways in Europe, and the northernmost end of the Oslo-North Norway railroad, Bodø is a great location for both guests in quest of adventures surrounded by fantastic nature, as well for logistics purposes as resupplying by air, rail or sea.
- Saltstraumen is the strongest maelstrom in the world. The whirlpools can be up to 10 meters across and 5 meters deep. It is a spectacular view.
- The old trading post of Kjerringøy Island is beautifully located, and currently one of Norway’s most important cultural heritage monuments from the 19th century.
- The black ice glacier, Svartisen, is Norway’s second largest glacier, covering 370 square kilometres of land! You may see the glacier up front or enjoy the view from the cafe.
- The Norwegian Aviation Museum is Scandinavia’s largest and one of the most modern museums of its type in Europe. The museum has one civilian part and one military part.
- A walk along the shore, across sandy beaches with amazing views, at the time of the day when the light can play tricks on your eyes.
- The trip will take you across the Saltfjellet mountains to the Arctic Circle where there will be an Arctic Circle ceremony. We will also be making a stop to visit the Sami people.