Cycle along a country lane. Sit on a village bench in the sun and enjoy an ice cream. Delicious, as you would expect. Virtually anywhere in Zeeland you would be under water, or at least have wet feet if there were no dunes or dykes, the Dutch soil is largely under NAP. The famous Delta works ensure that feet are kept dry, through the many dykes and dunes.
Dams, bridges and ferries make every area easily accessible. However ... Zeeland remains an area of islands, from all sides. Each of these islands has its own dialect, region gestation, nature and landscape.
- At the Delta Expo ‘Neeltje Jans’, you will see how the struggle against the sea is an ongoing battle and how the Delta works were developed to control water levels on the land.
- Middelburg, the historic capital of Zeeland, boasts 1.100 large and small heritage buildings, all of which exude the essence and splendor of the past.
- Vlissingen is a bustling maritime city in the south-western Netherlands. This tourist destination has lovely beaches, and from its boulevard you have an exceptionally close view of passing ships
- Your guide will take you through the renovated area. Strolling through twisting streets, you will see how the tiny town grew into a sixteenth century world metropolis.
- Port authority/harbour master
The Netherlands+31 115 647400
- Tourism office, Stichting Promotie Zeeland Delta
- Pilot, Nederlands Loodswezen BV
- Zeeland Cruise Port