- Dunvegan Castle, home to the MacLeods since the 13th Century, is believed to be the oldest inhabited castle in Britain. Learn of clan battles, legends, loves and romances. 22 miles from Portree.
- Talisker is the only distillery on Skye. Founded in 1830 it produces a very distinctive 10 years old single malt whisky.
- An open air museum with preserved "black houses" (thatched cottages) typical of a 19th Century crofting community. 30 miles north of Portree.
- Scotland's most romantic castle, featured in movies such as "Highlander" and the James Bond "The World is not Enough". Approx 45 miles from Portree.
- Magnificent 20,000 acre estate in Skye. Explore the historic gardens and woodland trails around Armadale Castle, learn about Highland history in the fascinating and award winning Museum of the Isles.