Nantes St. Nazaire
3 terminals are available in our estuary to accommodate cruise liners: in Nantes city centre, Montoir-de-Bretagne and Saint-Nazaire. Our destination is the natural gateway to the Loire Valley Castles, Guérande Medieval city or Muscadet Vineyard. The cruise guests will enjoy the historical Nantes: a city of Arts, History and Shopping! Or Saint-Nazaire area, a first step for industrial tourism (Chantiers de l'Atlantique Shipyard or Airbus factory)
• The attraction "Machines de l'Ile" in Nantes": a giant elephant weighting in at 40 tons and 12 m high (can carry up to 30 passengers on trips along the river) or a huge Carousel inaugurated in 2013
• The gothic cathedral of St. Pierre (1434) in Nantes
• The Musée des Arts displaying paintings by Monet, de la Tour, Delacroix.
• Escal'atlantic in Saint-Nazaire: the ocean liner experience
• The Salt Marshes close to Guérande and the Brière Natural Park
- At the crossroads of Jules Verne's "imaginary world" here extraordinary machines are brought to life. Come and discover the giant elephant and the new Carousel opened in 2013.
- Take the time to discover the world of Guérande salt. Discover its history, how it is produced and how it is used. Visit the salt marshes with “Terre de Sel”.
- The 11,500 hectares of Muscadet vineyards cover the largest area in the Loire Valley. Crisp, light and fruity, the different Loire Valley wines make an ideal match for the local cuisine.