Excursions in the region
The region of Lister gives you an opportunity to experience both coastal landscapes with long white beaches and epic mountainous terrain with boisterous river rapids. Typical of this region are the small towns with their white, weatherboarded houses.
- Kvåsfossen – South Norway Salmon Centre, with its 36-metre waterfalldrop. Inside the mountain is a visitors' centre showcasing Norway's longest salmon ladder (220 metres). Study the salmon up close!
- LBO ,founded 1990 and runs campaigns with standardized mist and daily migration counts in the Lista Lighthouse area .Bird ringers/field workers also work here. Guided tours WWW.listafuglestasjon.no
- Only 30 minutes away by coach Lindesnes Lighthouse -1656 was Norway's ﬁrst to be ﬁtted with a lamp. 31 steps to the top of the lighthouse for an amazing view, or take a look around the museum and shop
- The best kept wooden houses and explore the history from the 16th, 17th and 18th century, along the cultural path. The Dutch City has also become an outdoor gallery for street art.
- When the Vikings burst onto the scene they terrorised established communities Youll understand why when you see the replica of the Snartemo sword the ﬁnest archaeological ﬁnd from the Migration Period