The Telemark Canal with 18 locks, carved into the rock 150 years ago, called the eigth wonder of the world.
The world’s largest stave church Heddal, the history of mineral fertilizer that is included in UNESCO’s Industrial Heritage List, the history of skiing and the famous artists Edvard Munch and Henrik Ibsen.
Small picturesque coastal towns with narrow streets, first class museums, the fruit village with the world’s northernmost vineyard, winning local beer, tasteful gastronomic experience of local food, popular festivals, deep valleys, rivers, lakes, storytelling, concerts, and popular winter activities/sports. You will reach the cruise ports Brevik and Kragerø just one hour pilot distance from Skagerak, midway between Oslo and Kristiansand,
- Enjoy a nostalgic cruise through the most spectacular stretches. The total difference in elevation is 72 metres. The total lengt is 105 km.18 locks - still manually operated.
- Join a guided tour in this charming costal town, with picturesque small wooden houses and narrow streets, and see where he painted some of his most famous paintings.
- The island has a great variety of birds. 322 species registered up to now. Join us for a morning trip to participate in the ringing of birds. This must be done in morning time between 07.00 and 11:00.
- Norwegian Flying Aces; “With our surrounding nature and scenery, we guarantee our flights to be spectacular and breath taking and a once in a lifetime experience. “
- A guided journey back to the childhood of the world famous writer. This place inspired his works ”The wild duck” and “Little Eyolf”.
- Norway’s largest and best preserved. A monument to the country’s heritage and a heritage in which culture and faith were woven together as the Viking Age met the Christian Middle Age.