As cruise ships visiting Bekkjarvik berth right in the middle of the village, guests benefit from very short ways. A maritime shopping centre with shops and restaurants is located just 50 metres away. It has been thoroughly converted and extended in 2012, and is since fully accessible also to guests with reduced mobility.
Cruise operators should contact us for a copy of the new 'Cruise Destination Bekkjarvik' brochure which has been released in November 2012. It contains lot of practical information making the planning of a visit to Bekkjarvik smooth and easy.
- Using a local boat, we take small groups of cruise ship guests (usually ten to twelve persons) to an aquaculture installation and onboard one of the trawlers of K. Halstensen A/S.
- From Cruise Destination Bekkjarvik we set out to Slåtterøy or Marstein Fyr, two historic lighthouses. Guests may enter the lighthouses and will be guided up to their tops to see the lens.
- Passengers may take themselves back in time onboard the historic barquentine “Gardar” (built in 1895), another sailing ship or the historic pilot launch “Hardsjø”.
- Other activities include searafting tours, cycling, climbing as well as guided visits through the fishing museum established in the “Bekkjarvik Torg” shopping centre.
- Cruise Destination Bekkjarvik c/o Bekkjarvik Eiendom A/S
Inge Halstensen, Owner and CEO
Norway+47 901 35 322