In Aarhus you are met by a vibrant, easy-going and dynamic atmosphere. Home to just over 335,000 people and with a vibrant student population, Aarhus may be old at heart, but it is definitely young in spirit.
Within walking distance, you will find world-class attractions and museums, an innovative and diverse gastronomic scene, charming shopping districts and with a location right by the sea, beaches and woods, nature is truly at your doorstep. With big events, internationally acclaimed festivals, historical and contemporary architecture as well as a myriad of wonderful experiences, Aarhus is the destination that has it all!
- The Old Town is a 5 star heritage museum comprising a great number of historical buildings, gardens, exhibitions, shops and workshops, that ranks among the best of its kind in the world.
- Shows works of art from the Danish Golden Age right up to the present day, as well as international exhibitions. On top of the building you can see the spectacular "Your Rainbow Panorama".
- The Moesgaard Museum features both archaeological and ethnographic exhibits displaying human travel and development, whilst changing exhibitions show and convey our shared cultural heritage
- The Cathedral, started in 1201, stands today as a magnificient Gothic edifice. The Church of Our Lady, originally part of a Dominican monestary, holds three churches today, the oldest from 1060.
- Aarhus offers a broad choice of historically interesting and exciting possibilities for sightseeing and tours within the city and in its surroundings. Welcoming area is located very close to the ship.
- The Viking Museum is a window to the Viking town of Aros. 1200 years ago the Vikings founded Aarhus – at the very same spot where The Viking Museum is situated at the 'Skt. Clemens Torv' Square.